April 21, 2014 Leave a comment
Oil & Gas Portfolio Optimization and Management
19 – 21 May 2014, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Official event website: http://neo-edge.com/event-line-up/energy-utilities/og-portfolio-optimization-and-management-kl/
Current industry challenges revolve around companies spending time, effort and resource on long driven planning cycles. Major oil and gas companies with large and diverse portfolios spend a large portion of their time collecting and processing data.
- By attending this workshop, participants would gain practical insights on how to “make advanced portfolio planning and optimization decisions” using industry best practices?
- Participants can also gain knowledge on how to manage data efficiently and take informed decisions by applying advanced “Portfolio Optimization” techniques like Genetic Algorithms and Linear Programming techniques.
- The workshop will also help companies gain insights from a Palantir developed, novel portfolio optimisation process that combines advanced optimisation methods with a corporate objective filtering.
For full agenda, please email us your detailed contact information to email@example.com
This course will be an interactive workshop. It will reaffirm a variety of petroleum economic principles including key metrics, fiscal systems, risk analysis and investment analysis. We will emphasize the impacts of various fiscal regimes on investment decisions. Upon analyzing the different fiscal regimes, we will then evaluate the exploration economics and the practical approaches to optimize your assets.
Practical applications and conceptual understanding of various models and processes in portfolio management and optimization will be discussed. The course objective is to make participants confident in the application of portfolio tools and processes and how these can sensibly be incorporated in their organizations. The instructor-led course will utilize interactive examples and discuss industry best-practices.
Key Course Modules
Topic 1: Valuation of Upstream Assets
- Module 1: Project Economics, Key Metrics and Analytical Tools
- Module 2: Overview Upstream Fiscal Regimes
- Module 3: S.E. Asia Fiscal Regimes Analysis
- Module 4: Economic Modeling and Asset Valuation
- Module 5: Probability and Uncertainty
- Module 6: Exploration Economics
Topic 2: Portfolio Optimization and Management
- Module 1: Importance of Portfolio Optimization
- Module 2: Corporate Planning for Portfolio Analysis
- Module 3: Role of Decision Analysis in Portfolio Management
- Module 4: Risk Modelling
- Module 5: Portfolio Modelling
- Module 6: Exploration Portfolio
- Module 7: Portfolio Management Tools
- Module 8: Portfolio Optimization
- Module 9: Practical Portfolio Management Techniques
- Module 10: Creating Portfolio Insights
The course is a must attend for O&G professionals who are looking for in-depth insight into O&G economics and portfolio management/optimization. Professionals directly involved in the strategic decision making, economic evaluation, M&A and investment will find this course particularly valuable.
Job Title includes but not limited to:
- CFO/Investment Directors
- Corporate Planning Directors/Managers
- Petroleum Economic Managers/Economists
- Business Planning Managers/Specialists
- Commercial Directors/Managers
- Business Development Managers
- E&P Managers
Mr. Robert Minson
Principal Consultant and Manager
Australian Operations, Palantir Solutions
Robert heads up Palantir’s Australian and New Zealand operations where he is a Principal Consultant. Robert is a Certified Engineer with over 10 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas Industry spanning the construction, midstream and upstream sectors. Before joining Palantir he worked as a Petroleum Economist and Development Engineer for an Operator with assets in the UK North Sea, Norway, Egypt, Algeria and Russia. Since joining Palantir, Robert has worked as a consultant for clients such as GdF Suez, Wintershall, Afren, Svenska, Vitol and Woodside providing advisory, project management and training services relating to Petroleum Economics, Corporate Business & Strategic Planning and Portfolio Management.
He has a B.E. (Hons) in Mechatronic Engineering from the University of Adelaide, Australia and Dipl.-Ing. in Mechanical Engineering from the Ruhr Universität Bochum, Germany and is a member of The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) and The Association of German Engineers (VDI).
Mr. Raj Sen
Principal Consultant and Director
Operations Asia Pacific, Palantir Solutions
Raj heads up the Palantir Asia Pacific operations where he is a Principal Consultant. With 18 years of diverse oil and gas industry experience, Raj has a proven track record of consulting on successful projects at over 25 E&P companies across 15 countries around the world. He has been consulting in IOCs and NOCs, most recently Santos, Mubadala, Talisman, Hess and Chevron.
He has extensive knowledge of portfolio management as well as fiscal modelling and has a particular interest in decision and risk analysis. As an energetic trainer Raj has developed and delivered training courses in petroleum economics, decision tree analysis and petroleum optimization to over 1000 petroleum professionals across the globe.
He has consulted in more than 15 countries and presented papers. He has a B.A.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Waterloo, Canada and MBA for Mt. Eliza Business School, Melbourne, Australia.
The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur
No.5, Jalan Conlay, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Siti Sapiah Harun
- Assistant Director of Sales
- Tel: +60 3 26889688
- DID: +60 3 26889258
- Fax: +60 3 2166-6101
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote “Oil and Gas Portfolio Management and Optimization”by Neoedge to enjoy Corporate Rate for your stay.
Easy way to enquire about this event: